Comments

Saturday 9 March 2013

A Jello Realization

Posted by at 12:15 Read our previous post
Today while out grocery shopping I noticed that Foodland had pudding on sale for 99 cents. Of course I headed right for the bin and starting burrowing through looking for any fat free or no sugar options. Vanilla pudding is one of my weaknesses and it's a really good treat if you find yourself craving something sweet. While rummaging through the high calorie chocolate and butterscotch flavors, I happened upon a reduced sugar, Strawberry/Orange jello pack. I flipped it over ... 5 calories a cup and 0 sugar.

Of course I bought it. And a couple other packs, too.

Ever since, I've probably said to my mom about ten times, "I'm so excited about that Jello!" And after this tenth time, I realized just how far I've come. I'm excited about Jello. I'm excited that I found a low calorie snack that's going to taste like a cheat. I'm excited that there's no sugar. I'm excited because I just love food and the more that I can eat without feeling guilty, the better.

It's crazy to think that this lifestyle can already be so deeply ingrained into my brain. What happened today made me realize that this isn't just a diet or a phase or anything like that. It is a lifestyle change, and it's getting easier and easier to follow every day. Sure you look a little funny flipping everything you pick up in the grocery store over to look at the nutritional information, but the more educated you are, the better decisions you can make.

It's a big change and it seems like it's too hard or too frustrating or too expensive, but the more you force yourself and the more you keep yourself accountable, the more it becomes second nature. You learn to know what you can and can't have, what you should and shouldn't have. It becomes easier to plan out meals for the week, fun to experiment with low calorie recipes in the kitchen. And the results that you get keep you motivated to stay on the right track! The reason it works is because it isn't short-term and consists of real food. You make your own menu with foods you like and get more and more educated as you go along.

But that's enough out of me, I'm off to enjoy a delicious cup of Orange Jello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© { spurs & curves } is powered by Blogger - Template designed by Stramaxon - Best SEO Template