Comments

Sunday 3 March 2013

Crock Pot Orange Chicken

Posted by at 17:55 Read our previous post
So I figured for my first post I would share a new recipe I just tried out today! I posted a picture of my supper tonight on Instagram and already had two people looking for the recipe. I can't take all of the credit, I got the idea from Pinterest (typical) and kind of made it my own - mostly just to fit what we had already at home.

What you need:
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- ~1/4 cup of flour
- Small amount of olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 oz (~175 ml) Trop50, pulp free
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

What you do:
1. Chop up the chicken breasts into small pieces.
2. Coat chicken bites in flour, shake off excess.
3. Brown in a frying pan with a small amount of oil - don't worry about cooking all the way through, just fry them long enough to seal in the moisture.
4. In a separate bowl combine the rest of the ingredients.
5. Pour chicken and sauce into slow cooker and stir.
6. Cook on high for ~3 hours.
7. Once cooked, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread chicken (not with excess sauce) flat over it.
8. Put in oven on broil for ~5 minutes.
9. Enjoy!

The total calorie breakdown for the meal depends on the amount of chicken you use, but for the sauce itself, the entire recipe results in 282 calories. Note that there's about 1/2 of the sauce still left in the pot once you remove the chicken.

My meal tonight:
Calorie breakdown:
Chicken: 168 g, 168 calories
Orange sauce: 1/4 of recipe, 70.5 calories
Spinach, cucumber, carrot: ~50 calories
Light ranch dressing: 1 tablespoon, 40 calories
Total: 328.5 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© { spurs & curves } is powered by Blogger - Template designed by Stramaxon - Best SEO Template