Comments

Wednesday 6 March 2013

My 'Feel Good' Music

Posted by at 16:05 Read our previous post
Sometimes when you're feeling blue and just need a little pick me up, a 30 second dance party can clear your mind and help you focus. Or if you don't like to dance (because you're crazy), belting out an upbeat and fun song at the top of your lungs is the best way to make you laugh - mostly at yourself.

I have a rule in my car that I made the first day I bought it. It applies to both me and anybody with me and it is above all others: If you're going to sing, make sure the music is loud enough that you can't hear yourself. Jam sessions really can do wonders.

So here's a list of some songs and artists that always make me feel just a little bit better every time I hear them:
- One Direction - mainly Kiss You and One Thing, but everything else upbeat that they sing works too.
- Backstreet Boys - seriously. If you can get a duet going on Backstreets Back, there's nothing you can't do. Plus Incomplete is probably my favorite song of all time.
- Bless The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts - it's a little sappy and slow but the type of song that you can't help but belt out when no one else is around.
- Storm Warning by Hunter Hayes - just a fun, upbeat song that makes you want to get up and dance.
- One More Night by Maroon 5 - the opening bars of this song are my ringtone and alarm and I haven't gotten sick of it yet. A good sign!
- The Script - I just love these guys. I could listen to their albums all day every day and not good bored. They always make my road trips so much more enjoyable!
- Boys and Buses by Hayden Panettiere - every time I listen to this song it's stuck in my head for hours, I just love it!

A great idea when one a road trip or listening to music is to find a song or artist that you haven't listened to in years (like the Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, old school Britney, etc) and just belt it out. You'd be surprised at how much you'll remember!

3 comments:

  1. Loving your blog so far, especially as an equestrian trying to lose some recently gained weight.

    Could you maybe add a "Follow" gadget? Via Blogger instead of email is preferable.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Julie!

      I think I've added the gadget, let me know if it doesn't work! :)

      Delete
    2. All good, it works. :)

      Delete

© { spurs & curves } is powered by Blogger - Template designed by Stramaxon - Best SEO Template